Here is some basic information about Kairos Children’s Fund
Kairos is was started 6 years ago as a dream from the founder to see more kids able to go to school with dignity. Currently, there are 23 students from four towns. We give them P300 a week for meals, transportation, and other school needs.
More about Us
Our Three Main Objectives
- That these children (and families) can receive an education that they might not otherwise be able to receive.a
- That they will be able to help their families to rise above poverty and become prosperous. – The character and worldview of these children will be build upon, until they become people who are both resilient and loving. – Sponsored children learn to love Jesus.
- They will be asked to help in a local church. Families of the child should attend church regularly. At the moment, all candidates are members of WIN Dumaguete or satellite churches.
The Group Covenant - the 'glue'
- We shall follow and advance the six principles of Kairos Children’s Fund: Love of God, Love for others, Mutual Respect, Discipline, Unity, and Hard work; but the first most of all.
1 Timothy 4:7-8 & Matthew 22:37-38
- We will do our best to share Jesus with others and to emulate His holiness as much as possible.
- We shall strive to work hard to become prosperous for our family and others in our community.
- We will minimize our expenditures and save our sobra (extra) allowance.
- We shall strive to always learn, even when not in school, and to help others do so.
- We shall not be unfair to anyone, bully or tease.
- We shall treat everyone as a brother and sister in this world and always be ready to help one another.
- We will do our best to obey our teacher and always respect our fellow students.
- We will do our best to serve in the church and to do our assigned task.
- We will commit to help other children in need through the Kairos Children’s Fund once finished schooling and working
How can I sponsor a child?
Click here to see the full page
There are currently children waiting to be sponsored. Usually, these children go to school, but without complete school supplies and sometimes on an empty stomach. Since there are still no face-to-face classes, allowances help children in their daily needs as well as transportation for the parents when they pick up and drop off modules. Sponsorship is $35 per month. 15% of the money given goes to a shared fund for outings, meetings, and other administrative needs. The purchasing of backpacks and some school supplies will be done by the program. Parents are responsible to buy uniforms
Question: How long should I commit to?
We would ask that you commit to at least a year. If you really can not do that, we will ask you not to join Kairos. If, however, you have already started and can not continue sponsoring, you may stop if you really have to.
Question: Can I give gifts?
Sure! We encourage that. However, please course all gifts through us, as this can become an issue.
Question: Will my child write letters to me?
Yes. We ask that the person whom you are sponsoring write a letter every quarter. However, he/she may write more if you reply. Kids love to communicate with their sponsor.
Donate to the Kairos Christmas Party and to their family celebration